Thursday, December 11, 2008

Candy Canes for the Nut-Free home

If you are allergic to peanuts, and tree nuts, like we are, you probably have a stash of dum dum suckers somewhere. I know, I have blogged about these before, however, they really come in handy in our house. My kids love these, and this mom loves, that there is a safe easy treat available for them.

I was so excited to find, in the grocery store today, spangler mini candy canes, and mini dum dum candy canes, made by spangler. My kids are loving these also. We have not had one store bought Christmas type candy in the house yet, this December. Which is actually kind of nice, but, it is also kind of nice now the kids can have a special, SAFE, Christmas themed treat.

I also have a big box of Vermont Nut Free Chocolate on the way. The kids are going to be so surprised. Foil wrapped snowmen, skippers, chocolate gold coins, all the stuff the kids have been asking for, every time we walk down the Christmas isle. I can not wait to see their face when they get to dig in. Finally, Mommy does not have to say no, I am sorry we can not have those.

Hope you are all enjoying your holiday season. We have been sick, all of us, off and on in this house. It seems everyone is on the mend right now. We will visit the allergist again soon, stay tuned for updates.

4 comments:

  1. Love your new header! Beautiful pics of your boy.
    Thanks for passing along your candy cane find. Gonna have to get some for my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got those dum-dums stashed here, too! Glad to know there's a safe Christmas treat out there! I hope I can find them here. Guess I better get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Your kids are going to be so excited when that chocolate arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine,

    Your poor thing. :( We're all sick too, so I feel your pain. My oldest just can't get better since before Thanksgiving.

    Thanks for the candy info. We've also got Vermont Nut-Free on the way--it's going in the x-mas stockings. I got a request for chocolate covered pretzels--these seem to be the family favorite.

    Hope you all feel better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete