Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Way to go Spangler

When you have a child allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, there are not many safe candies out there. Most things, say either may contain nuts, or processed near nuts. We stay away from anything at all that says that. Even if it does not say that, and it is at risk for cross contamination, we stay away from it.

It is kind of nice for this mom, I really do not have to deal with having it in the house. However, it is nice for the kids to have a fun treat once and awhile.

I picked up a bag of dum dum suckers today. Here is what the bag says. "This product does not contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat or gluten. It has been manufactured on dedicated equipment."

That allergy statement, is music to my ears. I only pray, that one day, every manufacture will be that clear.

For this Mom, who just wants to keep her son safe, one meal at a time, I do not think that is too much to ask.

1 comment:

  1. I know how your feel.... glad we found each other, let's do our best to keep the little ones safe!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete