Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm so glad he likes mustard.

My little allergic guy, is so cute sometimes. Today, he said he wanted mustard, for lunch. What he really meant was, he wanted a roast beef sandwich, with mustard.

I am so thankful, that he is such a flexible eater. I would be sad, if I could not have mayo on my sandwich. Not my little guy, he loves mustard only. While he was chowing on his roast beef, cheese and mustard sandwich, my non food allergic child, was the one eating a sunflower seed butter sandwich.

Boy, have we really learned to adapt around here. We survived the recent birthday, I will be uploading photos soon. My little girl loved her cake. It was not as pretty as a store bought one, but it sure had a lot of love, and hard work poured into it.

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your pictures!

    Kids are quite resilient. They grow accustomed to their home environment, and special diets are not viewed in any way other than being "the norm!"

    Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute, how a mom knows mustard means a roast beef and cheese sandwich! I am glad he is doing well with all of the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My LO loves mustard, too! Can't wait to see the cake pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Elaine, I wanted to share a post with you that I read today. It made me think of you. Hopefully it will provide some helpful hints or maybe just another good connection. Here's the post: Works for Me Wednesday: Living with Food Allergies

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nephew has a nut allergy too, so I'm glad there is a site in my 'virtual home area' that is dedicated to the life of a "Mr. Peanut Free" home

    Thanks, for running by my place, Elaine!

    ---Lane (SD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an adult, your little Goose will cherish the photo of her homemade birthday cake and will appreciate all of the hard word and effort you put into it.
    So glad Rooney likes mustard! Can't say I side with you on the mayo front. I can't stand the stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son has food allergies too. Nuts, shellfish, melons.... It's not always easy. But it is interesting how well children adapt to their situation. He really doesn't know any other way. Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete