Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It really does stink to have allergies.

Sorry I am in such a sour mood. I just want the whole allergy thing to go away. Sorry it has taken me so long to get a post about this up. I think I am just still processing all of the information.

The little guy had another RAST done, just under a year after our first. One, the allergist wanted to see where we were with the nuts, and two, the little guy was and is having many GI difficulties.

Long story short, simply because it still pains me to talk about it, he is allergic to everything, it seems. Somethings not as much, others off the charts.

The most disturbing is, his peanut levels actually went up, quite a bit for that matter. He also tested positive for Wheat, Soy, and Eggs. The levels of his wheat and soy are low, which are probably not the cause of his discomfort. The big problem is eggs. His levels, are concurrent with, a 70% chance of having a physical reaction.

This is what we are going to start with eliminating. Part of me, is kind of glad, that it might me eggs, and not wheat. I am not sure how I really feel about any of it, if I am really being honest.

For now, I just want my little guy to feel better.

4 comments:

  1. Keep your faith, please. I know at this point, nothing from anyone can really help. (been there) but know that we are all listening. I know two adorable asian girls who have multiple allergies and one is still dealing with all, another at school age, has outgrown everything but peanut. I have you guys in my mind in the past few days and I will pray for this matter and know, I AM LISTENING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear the news! You're entitled to your feelings. And, you are an expert label reader now! You can do it and he will feel sooooo much better for it! Rooney is so lucky to have a mother like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it sucks. My girl has a pretty extreme dairy allergy. She reacts to the touch and to cross contamination as well.

    She's 5 now & has been allergic all 5 years.
    I do have to say it does get easier. And for us, it's all we've known, so it's our life.

    Just remember, God chose you as his mom, and knew all you'd be in charge of. And He believed that you can handle it. :)

    I don't have a lot of good nut-free (soy, wheat, or egg either) recipes or ideas, but I know how it feels if you ever need to vent.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine. I've been meaning to comment on your blog for two days now but I just now figured out how! :)

    I'm sorry your guy is having such a rough time right now. I felt the same way when we found out our little man is allergic to soy, on top of peanuts and eggs. It's a hard place for a mother to be. You hope and pray you've found the answer so your child can heal, but you also don't want them to have to deal with another allergy.

    Please know that I'm thinking of you today and praying your little guy is feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete